In our infant/toddler classrooms, careful care and attention has been spent to make sure the classrooms are designed with children’s needs in mind. You will find amazing materials (including nursery gyms, miniature cots, “me do it” chairs, tot size kitchens, loads of sensory objects, to name just a few). The teachers are warm and nurturing with a good sense of humor. The children are free to explore and investigate the classroom and the teachers are there to guide and nurture. An amazing, loving, and caring environment.
Preschool & Full Day 3-5 Year Olds Classroom Programs
In our Preschool/Full Day Classrooms children are free to explore all areas of the curriculum. They can choose to paint, play with playdough, build in the block area, set up a tea party with their friends, or they can have one-on-one lesson time with a teacher to learn a new skill and/or activity or revisit an activity that they have not yet mastered. Teachers observe the children’s interests and needs and document all accomplishments. Reports are given to parents twice yearly showing their progress in these amazing classrooms. A high-quality program also encourages parent involvement. Parents are welcome to sign up to volunteer in the classroom and/or are welcome to attend one of the many events that we plan throughout the year like the Daddy’s Day Fun Night, the Pizza Meet and Greet, and the Winter Concert. Field trips are planned on a monthly basis so that we can go out into the community and explore what our amazing city has to offer. At this level, we also learn about giving back and about making a difference in our Community through many initiatives. Please note that due to COVID, some of our parent involvement activities have had to be put on hold. Health and safety is of utmost importance to us.
During the summer, we offer theme-based camps for our Preschool and School Age children in attendance. These programs are different than those operated during the regular school year. Any child already registered in our full-time programs does not need to re-register. They are automatically registered for these programs. Children wanting to join us for this period are more than welcome and would register using one of our camp forms.
Before and After School Age Program
Our school-age program is amazing! We have dedicated classrooms just for our schoolers. We have school buses which provide transportation to and from your child’s local school. This program is child-centered – they have had a busy day at school already – whatever they choose to do is okay. They can choose from a variety of art mediums, Lego, puzzles, games, outside play, etc. At this age, social is so important and at Kamloops Kidz, they will have a lot of friends to do things with.
Please speak with the office to get our current fee schedule. Please note that we are a facility approved to opt into the Ministry's Child Care Fee Reduction Initiative and our fees reflect that reduction.
Please also note the following that applies to our fees:
1. We have an annual administrative fee which is billed (i) upon acceptance into one of our programs; and (ii) billed annually for each September - August period.
2. Holding fee applies if registering into our infant/toddler program which will be credited to the first months' fees.
3. If you require morning care for school-age as well, there is an additional fee - please see schedule in classroom or email the office.
4. We close on all statutory holidays and up to 6 days over the Christmas period. We also close for up to 2 professional development days per year. No rate adjustment will be made for these occurrences as this was taken into account when setting our fees.
5. For families wishing to take the summer off of care, a holding fee will apply. Please contact the office.
6. No adjustment is given to our fees for absences, sickness, or holidays.